On Saturday, July 21st, at 10:30 AM, Endgame in Oakland will host a 100-point X-Wing tournament using Objectives Play. We will play four 60-minute rounds. I (Jeff Wilder) will be your TO.
The entry fee will be $5, and entry fees will be returned to the players in the form of store credit, based on tournament results. In addition to the store credit prizes, we will have a store kit (2017 Q3 - Omega Leader, acrylic Focus tokens, Crack Shot),and I will be dropping promos from my own private stash into the prize pool. (E.g., a range ruler set from a past Store Championship.)
Pre-registration is not required for the event, but it would be very, very appreciated, as it will allow some idea of how many players we can expect. There is a hard cap of 16 players, as well, so pre-registration will guarantee a spot for the tournament. To pre-register, please contact me (Jeff Wilder). firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Banned Cards - Trajectory Simulator, Han Solo (HotR), Captured TIE. (This is subject to change.)
(3) Modified Cards - Minefield Mapper (cannot place bombs at Range 3 or closer to any objective), Seismic Torpedo (cannot affect any obstacle that is also an objective). (This is subject to change.)
(4) Proxy Cards - As long as you have a VERY CLEAR and COMPLETE list printout, with all card text (e.g., Yet Another X-Wing Squad Builder), you may proxy cards freely. You may not proxy models or other components, though local players are almost always willing to lend components if needed.
(5) Rules Questions - If you have rules questions -- before or during the tournament -- they should be directed to me (Jeff Wilder), as the TO. I will also select a secondary TO to rule on issues if I am involved in any question.
(6) The tournament format will depend on the number of attendees, but will either be Swiss rounds or some form of Round-Robin.
Schedule (wildly optimistic):
- 10:30 AM - Check-in, finalize prize structure.
- 11:00 AM - First pairings, mission drawn, mission briefing.
- 11:10 AM - Round One begins.
- 12:15 PM - Second pairings, mission drawn, mission briefing.
- 12:25 PM - Round Two begins.
- 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM - LUNCH BREAK (optional, see below)
- 2:30 PM - Third pairings, mission drawn, mission briefing.
- 2:40 PM - Round Three begins.
- 3:45 PM - Final pairings, mission drawn, mission briefing.
- 3:55 PM - Round Four begins.
- 5:00 PM - Winners announced, prizes awarded.
For eight players or fewer, we will eliminate the fourth round and the lunch break. If there are nine or more players, and by strong majority they would rather skip the lunch break in the interests of a shorter day, that can be done.
If you choose to drive, note that Oakland does enforce meters on Saturdays. I recommend using a pay lot to avoid meter issues (or taking BART). The best parking locally is the lot on 8th and Clay, which is $5 for 24 hours.
With the announced release of X-Wing 2.0, I'm trying to bring tournaments back to Endgame. My goal is one tournament a month, with Store Kit support, but I'm only going to be able to achieve that goal if I can show Endgame that X-Wing players will come out to the store for regular tournaments. Given that Endgame is so centrally located in the area, I'm really hopeful that I can demonstrate that, and that by the time 2.0 fully drops in September, Endgame will be poised to immediately host 2.0 tourneys!